Quick access to main page (top) Direct access to main contents Quick access to main page (bottom)

Tesla Cybertruck Explosion Kills One, Injures Seven Near Trump Hotel in Las Vegas

wikitree Views  

X@BNONews

A Tesla Cybertruck exploded in front of the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas, killing one person and injuring seven others.

Tesla Cybertruck exploded in front of the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas on Wednesday morning, killing one person and injuring seven. The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department is investigating the incident as a possible terrorist act.

The explosion occurred when a driver parked his vehicle in the Trump Hotel’s valet parking area. The car exploded, killing the driver at the scene and causing minor injuries to seven people nearby. The fire was extinguished shortly after the explosion, but police are still cordoning off the area and preventing the public from accessing it.

The investigation team is currently focusing on determining the cause of the explosion. Whether a vehicle defect or an external factor caused the explosion is unknown. According to ABC News, the Cybertruck that exploded reportedly carried large firecracker-type mortars. Police are trying to determine whether the driver intentionally set off the explosion and what the motive was.

The Cybertruck that exploded was rented through the car-sharing platform Turo. The same platform was also used in the deadly attack in New Orleans, so its connection to this explosion is being investigated.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk said in a statement, “The whole Tesla senior team is investigating this matter right now,” and “We’ve never seen anything like this.” Musk stated on X that the explosion was triggered by either a large firework or a bomb located in the vehicle’s cargo area, clarifying that it was not related to the car itself. It remains unclear whether his statement has been verified.

Threats related to the Trump Hotel have been frequent in the past, and the election of US President-elect Donald Trump has heightened the security threat. After the explosion, Trump’s son, Eric Trump, said, “safety and well-being of our guests and staff remain our top priority,” and thanked authorities for suppressing the fire and investigating.

The White House said President Biden had been briefed on the incident and that the federal government stands ready to assist if needed.

Residents of Las Vegas are now urged to avoid the incident scene. Although security officials say the incident does not appear to pose any additional threats, they are cautious, saying, “There may be things we don’t know.”

wikitree
content@viewusglobal.com

Comments0

300

Comments0

[LATEST] Latest Stories

  • BMW's Next-Gen EV: The Bold New i3 Touring Concept Revealed
  • LEGO Technic Ferrari SF-24 F1 Car: A 1,361-Piece Tribute to Ferrari’s 2024 F1 Season
  • Hyundai’s Ioniq 6 Just Took the Top Spot in J.D. Power’s EV Ownership Study
  • Jeep’s Recon: The Next-Gen 600HP Electric SUV Ready to Tackle the Market
  • Tesla Issues Recall for 376,000 Vehicles Due to Steering Assist Malfunction
  • Ferrari Reveals 499P Livery and Driver Lineup for 2025 World Endurance Championship

You May Also Like

  • 1
    Ventricular Tachycardia: The Fast, Irregular Heartbeat That Can Stop You Cold

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 2
    Food Addiction in Kids Tied to Low Self-Esteem and Poor School Performance

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 3
    Baby’s Here, But the Weight’s Still There? You’re Not Alone

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 4
    Inside the Pope’s Health Crisis: Antibiotic-Resistant Infection Fuels Global Concern

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 5
    Want to Lose Weight? Trick Your Brain with These Simple Diet Hacks!

    LIFESTYLE 

Popular Now

  • 1
    Turns Out, What You Eat at 40 Really Can Shape How You Feel at 70

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 2
    FDA Greenlights Sanofi's Qfitlia for Hemophilia—An Innovative Alternative to Daily Injections

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 3
    Prostate Cancer Screenings May Cut Death Risk in Half, Study Finds

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 4
    It’s Not Just Depression: Personality Disorders Linked to Highest Suicide Risk

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 5
    Faster Cancer Treatment? Merck Launch Set for Subcutaneous Keytruda Rollout

    LIFESTYLE 

Must-Reads

  • 1
    Ventricular Tachycardia: The Fast, Irregular Heartbeat That Can Stop You Cold

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 2
    Food Addiction in Kids Tied to Low Self-Esteem and Poor School Performance

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 3
    Baby’s Here, But the Weight’s Still There? You’re Not Alone

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 4
    Inside the Pope’s Health Crisis: Antibiotic-Resistant Infection Fuels Global Concern

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 5
    Want to Lose Weight? Trick Your Brain with These Simple Diet Hacks!

    LIFESTYLE 

Popular Now

  • 1
    Turns Out, What You Eat at 40 Really Can Shape How You Feel at 70

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 2
    FDA Greenlights Sanofi's Qfitlia for Hemophilia—An Innovative Alternative to Daily Injections

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 3
    Prostate Cancer Screenings May Cut Death Risk in Half, Study Finds

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 4
    It’s Not Just Depression: Personality Disorders Linked to Highest Suicide Risk

    LIFESTYLE 

  • 5
    Faster Cancer Treatment? Merck Launch Set for Subcutaneous Keytruda Rollout

    LIFESTYLE 

Share it on...